Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dead & Gone

Oh, I been traveling on this road too long (too long)
I'm just tryin' a find ma way back home (back home)
The old me is
Dead and gone
Dead and gone
And oh, I been traveling on this road too long (too long)
I'm just tryin' a find ma ways back home (back home)
Before he's
Dead and gone
Dead and gone
Dead

Ever had one of them days
Wish you would a stayed home
Run into a group of niggas who getting they hate on
You walk by
They get wrong
You reply
Then shit get blown way out a proportion
Way past discussion
Just you against them
Pick one, then rush 'em
Afraid that you would get yours
Hear this now
They don't wanna stop there
Now they bustin'
Now you gushin'
Ambulance rushin' you to the hospital
Wit a bad concussion
Punched yo head four times
But it hit yo spine
Now you way down
In a wheelchair, bound
Never mind that now you lucky to be alive
Just think it all started
You fussin' wit three guys
Nigga pride ain't a way
But yo pride is the way you fuck around
Get shot down in a day
Niggas die every day, all of the bullshit
Dough money, dice game
Frontin' that hood shit
Could this be because of hip-hop music
Addicted the ones with the good sense
Now usually
Niggas don't know what to do when
They back against the wall
So they just start shootin'
For red or for blue or for blow, I guess
From bank-head up to yo projects
No mo stress now I'm straight
Now I get it
Now I take
Time to think before I make mistakes
Just for ma family sake
That part of me left yesterday
The heart of me is strong today
No regrets, I'm blessed to say
The homie dead and gone away

Oh, I been traveling on this road too long (too long)
I'm just tryin' a find ma way back home (back home)
Before he's
Dead and gone
Dead and gone
And oh, I been traveling on this road too long (too long)
I'm just tryin' a find ma ways back home (back home)
Before he's
Dead and gone
Dead and gone
Dead

I ain't nevva been scared
I lived through tragic situations
Could a been dead, looking back at it
Most of that shit didn't even have to happen
But you don't think about it when you out there trappin'
In apartments hangin'
Smoking and reppin'
Niggas start shootin'
Next thing you know, we cappin'
End up locked up
Then didn't even get mad
Thinking 'bout, damn, what a life I had
Most of that shit look back, just laugh (ha)
Some shit still look back, get sad (man)
Maybe ma homeboy would still be around
Hadn't I hit the nigga in the mouth that time
I won that fight, lost that war
I could still see ma nigga walkin' out that door
Who'd thought I nevva see Falon no more
Got enough dead homies, I don't want no more
Cost a nigga his jaw
Cost me more
I then took that ass whoopin' now, for sure
Now I think before I risk ma life
Take them chances to get ma strike
A nigga put his hands on me, all right
Otherwise stand there, talk shit all night
'Cause I hit you, and you sue me
I shoot you, get locked up
Who me
No mo stress, now I'm straight
Now I get it
Now I take
Time to think before I make mistakes
Just for ma family sake
That part of me left yesterday
The heart of me is strong today
No regrets, I'm blessed to say
The homie dead and gone away

No comments: